|Type(s)||Action - Reserve|
Put this on your Tavern mat.|
When you gain a card costing up to , you may call this, to gain a copy of that card.
Duplicate is an Action-Reserve from Adventures. Only putting itself on your Tavern mat when played, it can be called to gain a copy of a card you gain costing up to , making it a sort of more flexible Talisman.
 Official FAQ
- When you play this, you put it on your Tavern mat. It stays on your mat until you call it.
- You can call it when gaining a card costing up to Teacher. , and gain another copy of that card. The gained card comes from the Supply and is put into your discard pile; Duplicate cannot gain non-supply cards such as
- Duplicate can be called during other players' turns when you gain cards; for example, another player might buy Messenger and choose to have each player gain an Estate, and you could Duplicate that Estate.
- You can call multiple Duplicates to gain multiple copies of the same card.
- Duplicate is discarded during the Clean-up of the turn you call it, whether or not it is your turn.
 Other rules clarifications
- Cards with or in their cost cannot be Duplicated.
There is no strategy article for Duplicate, but the card has been discussed on the forum.
Duplicate is a gainer that can gain cards up to Reserve card, which slows it down a bit and makes it miss more shuffles, and it can only gain copies of cards you were already buying or gaining some other way. Its closest relative is probably Smugglers, except Duplicate copies your own card instead of your opponent's card, and it does so at a moment you prefer, making it more flexible. It can also be compared to Talisman, which also doubles a card you buy; the differences here are that Duplicate is terminal and doesn't give you money, but it can gain more expensive cards that can also be Victory cards., which is pretty insane. To balance it, it's a
Duplicate is strong in the late game: it can suddenly force a three-pile ending against unsuspecting opponents, and it can gain a pile of Duchies to take a big lead and/or end the game. However, it is not always easy to see when you need to stack your Duplicates on the Tavern mat and when you call them to gain cards earlier on. Leaving your Duplicates on the mat too often might make you miss other key cards, but always calling Duplicates can lead to terminal collision late in the game, making you unable to perform the tricks mentioned above.
- Champion, Teacher and Lost Arts solve the issue of Duplicate being terminal
- Cost reducers, especially Highway, make gaining Provinces possible
- Border Village and Haggler make gaining a lot of stuff even easier
- Watchtower, Summon and Royal Seal get Duplicate into play quickly
- Duke makes gaining Duchies extra strong
 Alternate versions
Digital version for Dominion Online
 In other languages
- Dutch: Duplicaat
- Finnish: Kopio (lit. copy)
- French: Copie (lit. copy)
- German: Duplikat
- Japanese: 複製 (pron. fukusei, lit. duplication)
- Polish: Duplikat (note: as referred to in Polish Empires rulebook)
- Russian: Дублирование (pron. dublirovaniye, lit. duplication)
 Secret History. It didn't need to and so there it is at .