Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal one costing or more. Put that card into your hand and discard the rest.
 Official FAQ
- If you run out of cards while revealing cards, shuffle your discard pile (not including the revealed cards) and continue.
- If you run out of cards to reveal and have no cards in your discard pile, stop there; discard everything revealed, and you do not get a card.
- If you find a card costing or more, put that one into your hand and discard the rest.
- For example you might reveal Copper, then Copper, then Curse, then Province; Province costs , so you would stop there, put Province in your hand, and discard the two Coppers and the Curse.
 Other Rules clarifications
 Strategy Article
There is no strategy article yet for Sage. Feel free to add your thoughts!
It may be a good opening with some powerful cards, such as Sea Hag, to play them more often and to find them amidst the starting Coppers and Estates or Shelters. However, it does sacrifice some economy, since it merely finds your other good cards and does not add any buying power itself. It quickly loses power once you start buying Victory cards,
- Perhaps Remake or Sea Hag make good openings with Sage? With Sea Hag, you don't care about the economy loss because if you keep playing it it'll destroy your opponents' economy too, whereas with Remake, you'll trash down super-fast and gain Silver by remaking Estate.
- Another good card for Sage might be Monument. Unlike any other card, Monument can give unlimited VP. Open Monument/Sage and buy out the Sages, Estates, and a +Buy card worth two, all the while playing your Monument.
 English versions
|+1 Action. Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal one costingor more. Put that card into your hand and discard the rest.||Dark Ages 1st Edition||August 2012|
|+1 Action. Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal one costingor more. Put that card into your hand and discard the rest.||Dark Ages 2nd Edition||September 2017|
 Other language versions
The cover of one of the books in the art has a "D" printed on it in the same font as the Dominion logo.
 Secret History+.