|Type(s)||Action - Reserve|
Put this on your Tavern mat.|
At the start of your turn, you may call this, to move your +1 Card, +1 Action, +1 Buy, or + token to an Action Supply pile you have no tokens on. (When you play a card from that pile, you first get that bonus.)
(This is not in the Supply.)
Teacher is an Action-Reserve card from Adventures. It can move any vanilla bonus token to any Action Supply pile that does not already have one of your tokens on it. It is not in the Supply, but can be exchanged for from a Disciple. There are only 5 copies of Teacher in the Teacher pile.
 Official FAQ
- When you play this, put it on your Tavern mat. It stays on your mat until you call it at the start of one of your turns.
- If multiple things can happen at the start of your turn, you can do them in any order.
- When you call Teacher, it moves from the mat into play, and you choose your +1 Action, +1 Card, +1 Buy, or + token, and move it to an Action Supply pile that you have no tokens on.
- The token on the pile means that every time you play a card from that pile, you will get the corresponding bonus - if you put your +1 Action token on a pile, you will get an extra +1 Action when playing a card from that pile. See the Tokens section.
- This cannot put a token on a pile you have tokens on, including the tokens Teacher places as well as your - cost token and Trashing token.
- This can put a token on a pile that other players have tokens on.
- Other things can put tokens on a pile you put a token on with Teacher; it is just Teacher itself that cannot put a token on a pile you have a token on.
- It is okay if the pile has a token that does not belong to you or anyone, such as an Embargo token (from Seaside) or coin token for Trade Route (from Prosperity).
- It is okay if you have an Estate token on a card set aside from that pile.
Teacher gives out bonus tokens, and it is the only way of doing anything with those tokens outside of the respective Events - Pathfinding, Lost Arts, Training and Seaway. Teacher is a very slow card - it takes five shuffles just to get one, and it's a Reserve card, so you can only start to do anything with it another turn later. However, once you start handing out those tokens, your engine will explode.
Teacher does have a restriction that the Events do not: you can't put more than one token on the same pile with Teacher. On the other hand, you can put a token with an Event on a pile where Teacher already put another token on. This makes an already pretty insane card even stronger. In addition, Teacher does not have Seaway's cost restriction, and can put your +1 Buy token on cards with or in their costs.
Which token should you place first? It depends on the board, of course, but in general, the +Card token is the strongest one (which is why Pathfinding is the most expensive Event). When used on cantrips, even the weakest cards, such as Pearl Diver, turn into powerful Laboratory variants. When used on non-terminal draw such as Laboratory or Hunting Party, it's even better: these cards become twice as strong, as each play increases your handsize by 2 instead of 1. It is advised to use the tokens on cards that are already in your deck; grabbing them after placing the token is just too slow.
Lacking cantrips or non-terminal draw, you might want to use the +Action token first. The +Action token works best on terminal draw cards, such as Smithy, Torturer or Margrave. In this case, you'll have to be careful when you add these terminal draw cards to your deck: too early and you'll suffer from terminal collision, but too late and you won't get to use them.
If you're already drawing your deck easily, but feel that you need more terminal space, you can also use the +Action token on other strong terminals you want to play a lot of in one turn. Cards that come to mind include Bridge, Goons, Monument or Merchant Guild.
After dropping down your +Card and +Action tokens, the game is often close to over, so you might not even have the time to use the +Peasant is an option.and +Buy tokens anymore. If your engine happens to lack +Buy, but drawing your deck has never been an issue, you can opt to use the +Buy token first. Otherwise, look for some other kind of +Buy - in a pinch,
- Cheap cantrips you can easily turn into power cards: Pearl Diver, Vagrant, Great Hall
- Non-terminal draw: Laboratory and friends
- Powerful payload: Bridge, Goons, Monument, Merchant Guild.
- Strong trashing (Chapel, Steward, Remake) or sifting (Cellar, Warehouse, Guide) gets the exchanging process going more quickly
 English versions
| Put this on your Tavern mat.
At the start of your turn, you may call this, to move your +1 Card, +1 Action, +1 Buy, or + token to an Action Supply pile you have no token on (when you play a card from that pile you first get that bonus). (This is not in the Supply.)
|Adventures 1st Edition||April 2015|
| Put this on your Tavern mat.
At the start of your turn, you may call this, to move your +1 Card, +1 Action, +1 Buy, or + token to an Action Supply pile you have no tokens on. (When you play a card from that pile, you first get that bonus.) (This is not in the Supply.)
|Digital version has a cost ofrather than .||Adventures 2nd Edition||August 2017|
 Other language versions
|French||Maître (lit. master)|
|German||Lehrer|| Lege diese Karte auf dein Wirtshaustableau.|
Zu Beginn deines Zuges darfst du diese Karte
von deinem Tableau aufrufen. Wenn du das tust,
darfst du deinen +1 Karte-, +1 Aktion-, +1 Kauf-
oder + -Marker auf einen Aktions-Vorratsstapel
legen, auf dem keiner deiner Marker liegt.
(Wenn du eine Karte von diesem Stapel ausspielst,
erhältst du zuerst den Bonus des Markers.)
(Diese Karte gehört nicht zum Vorrat.)
|Japanese||教師 (pron. kyōshi)||これをあなたの酒場マットの上に置く。あなたのターンの開始時に、これを呼び出してもよい。呼び出した場合、あなたの +1 カード、+1 アクション、+1 購入、+トークンのいずれかを、あなたのトークンが全く乗っていないアクションカードのサプライの山に移動する。(あなたがその山に由来するカードを使用するとき、あなたは最初にその特典を得る。)(このカードはサプライに置かない。)|
|Russian||Учитель (pron. uchityel')|
 Secret History