Dismantle is a promotional Action card. It is a Remodel variant that trashes a card and gains both a cheaper card and a .
 Official FAQ
- Trashing is not optional.
- If you trash a card costing , or if you have no cards left in hand to trash, nothing else happens.
- If you trash a card costing Supply, and are put into your discard pile. The cheaper card goes into your discard pile first. For example, if you trash a (costing ), you could gain an (costing ).
or more, you gain a cheaper card and a Gold. Both come from the
- There will almost always be a cheaper card in the Supply, since and cost , but if there aren't any, you still gain a Gold.
- If there aren't any Gold left in the Supply, you still gain the cheaper card.
- Cards that cost only from ) or only (like from ) do not cost or more.
 Other Rules clarifications
 English versions
|| Trash a card from your hand. If it costs
or more, gain a cheaper card and a Gold. || Dismantle
|| December 2017
 Other language versions
||Vernietig 1 kaart uit je hand. Kost deze of meer, pak dan een goedkopere kaart en een Goud.
||Entsorge eine Handkarte. Wenn sie oder mehr kostet, nimm eine billigere Karte und ein Gold.
|| 解体 (pron. kaitai)
|| Выкиньте карту из руки. Если она стоит или больше, полусите карту дешевле и Золото.
 Secret History
Dismantle was in for a while, moving over from with the Boons
. Now it is a promo. Adam Horton
Altenburger wanted a promo, this time to be used in some way in conjunction with having a bunch of tournaments for Dominion's 10th anniversary. There was no time to make a card. Dismantle was a card I had that had been working fine but had been cut from (due to Nocturne having other cards that gain Gold).
The initial card was suggested by playtester Adam Horton, for (which had no room left). His initial suggestion was for "something like" "trash a card from your hand, gain a card costing up to less into hand (or a ?), + ." Based on that I initially tried "Trash a card from your hand. Gain a cheaper card. If you did, + ." It seemed promising and went into the Nocturne file. When the time came to work on it again, we tried it with + , then a Night version that gained Gold, then the final version.
Altenburger also wanted the world champion for this coming year to get to make a card. We said no! We are willing to put their face on a card, that is as far as we will go. However, as it happens, Adam is the current world champion. So a world champion did get to design a card.