Bag of Gold
|Bag of Gold|
|Type(s)||Action - Prize|
+1 Action |
Gain a Gold, putting it on top of your deck.
(This is not in the Supply.)
Bag of Gold is an Action-Prize card from Cornucopia. It is not in the Supply, and can only be gained through playing the Tournament card. There is only one Bag of Gold, so whoever gets it first is the only player who can ever get it! Bag of Gold gains you Gold cards and puts them directly on top of your deck so you can use them quickly.
 Official FAQ
- The Gold you gain comes from the Supply and is put on top of your deck.
- If your deck has no cards in it, it becomes the only card in your deck.
- If there are no Golds left in the Supply, you do not gain one.
- This is a Prize; see the Additional Rules.
 Other Rules clarifications
 Strategy Article
There isn't a strategy article for Bag of Gold.
It's a middle-of-the-pack Prize, typically considered weaker than Trusty Steed and Followers. Gaining Gold on your deck is good, but not as good as giving your opponents Curses and making them discard; unlike all the other Prizes, it gives no benefit on the turn it is played, unless you have another way of drawing the Gold you've gained. By the time you take Bag of Gold, the game might be ending, and every turn counts; perhaps you should have just taken a Duchy?
- +Cards to draw the Gold on the same turn
 Alternate versions
 In other languages
- Czech: Pytel zlata
- Dutch: Zak met goud
- Finnish: Kultapussi
- French: Sac d'or
- German: Ein Sack voll Gold
- Italian: Borsa d'Oro
- Japanese: 金貨袋 (pron. kinka-bukuro)
- Polish: Worek Złota
- Russian: Мешок Золота (pron. myeshok zolota)
- Spanish: Bolsa de Oro
 Secret History