|Take 2 Coin tokens. You may trash a card from your hand and then pay any number of Coin tokens. If you did trash a card, gain a card with a cost of up to the cost of the trashed card plus the number of Coin tokens you paid.|
Butcher is an Action card from Guilds. It is a Remodel variant that gives Coin tokens and allows you to spend the Coin tokens to increase the cost of the card you gain with it. If you don't want to remodel a card, you can spend the Coin tokens for + or save them for later, as usual.
 Official FAQ
- First take two Coin tokens.
- Then you may trash a card from your hand and pay any number of Coin tokens (returning them to the pile). The number of Coin tokens you pay can be zero.
- Butcher itself is no longer in your hand and so cannot trash itself (though it can trash another copy of Butcher).
- If you trashed a card, you gain a card costing up to the cost of the trashed card plus the number of Coin tokens you paid. For example, you could trash an Estate and pay six Coin tokens to gain a Province, or you could trash another Butcher and pay zero Coin tokens to gain a Duchy.
- You can pay the Coin tokens you just got.
- Paying Coin tokens for this ability does not get you coins to spend, it just changes what cards you can gain with this ability.
 Strategy Article
See here for a short article about Butcher
- Peddler, Border Village, and other cards with value disproportionate to their cost.
- Other Coin token cards that can fuel it
 Alternate versions
Digital version for Dominion Online
Butcher is the only card that allows you to pay Coin tokens outside your Buy phase.
 In other languages
- Dutch: Slager
- Finnish: Teurastaja
- French: Boucher
- German: Metzger
- Japanese: 肉屋 (pron. nikuya)
- Korean: 도살자 (pron. dosalja)
- Russian: Мясник (pron. myasnik)
 Secret History