|Type(s)||Action - Looter|
You may trash an Action card from your hand. If you don't, trash this.
When you gain this, gain two Ruins.
Death Cart is an Action–Looter card from Dark Ages. When played, it gives + ; but it forces you to trash another Action card, or trashes itself if you cannot. It also conveniently gives you two Ruins which make for good Actions to trash, if you can draw them with the Death Cart.
Death Cart is the only Looter that is not a junking attack.
 Official FAQ
- When you play Death Cart, you get + , and either trash an Action card from your hand, or trash the Death Cart.
- If you have no Action card in your hand, you will have to trash the Death Cart, but you can trash the Death Cart whether or not you have an Action card in hand.
- A card with multiple types, one of which is Action, is an Action card.
- When you gain a Death Cart, either from buying it or from gaining it some other way, you also gain 2 Ruins. You just take the top 2, whatever they are.
- If there are not enough Ruins left, take as many as you can.
- The Ruins come from the Supply and are put into your discard pile.
- The other players get to see which ones you got.
- The player gaining Death Cart is the one who gains Ruins; if Possession (from Alchemy) is used to make another player buy Death Cart, the player actually gaining the Death Cart (the one who played Possession) gains the Ruins.
- If you use Trader (from Hinterlands) to take a Silver instead of a Death Cart, you do not gain any Ruins.
- It doesn't matter whose turn it is; if you use Ambassador (from Seaside) to give Death Carts to each other player, those players also gain Ruins.
- Passing cards with Masquerade (from Intrigue) does not count as gaining them.
 Other Rules clarifications
 Strategy Article
See here for a Death Cart strategy article.
However, Death Cart is not a good buy early in the game. When you rely on shuffle luck to match up your Death Cart with your Ruins, there's a high chance of missing, and the two extra cards severely slow down your cycling.
- Fortress can provide endless fuel for Death Cart.
- engines can match up the Death Cart with its fuel.
- Death Cart counters other Looters hard - the extra Ruins become a benefit and not a drawback!
- Rats can provide free Death Cart fodder, turning your Coppers and Shelters into Actions.
- Market Square is extremely good with Death Cart, as it is with any other trasher. Death Cart/Market Square is probably one of the few good Death Cart openings.
- If you have Watchtower in hand, you can buy a Death Cart, trash one Ruins, and topdeck Death Cart and the other Ruins. This gives you all of Death Cart's benefit and none of the problems you normally have in lining up your Death Cart and your Ruins.
- Cursers will make it extremely difficult to match up your Death Cart with your Actions.
 Alternate versions
Digital version for Dominion Online
 In other languages
- Dutch: Dodenkar
- Finnish: Ruumisvaunu
- French: Charrette de cadavres
- German: Leichenkarren
- Japanese: 死の荷車 (pron. shi no niguruma)
- Korean: 시체운반수레 (pron. siche-unbansule)
- Polish: Trupi wóz (note: as referred to in Polish Empires rulebook)
- Russian: Труповозка (pron. trupovozka)
- Spanish: Carro de los Muertos
 Secret History