|Type(s)||Action - Attack - Knight|
Each other player reveals the top 2 cards of his deck, trashes one of them costing from to , and discards the rest. If a Knight is trashed by this, trash this card.|
When you trash this, gain a Gold.
Sir Vander is one of the ten Knight cards from Dark Ages. Like the other Knights, he is an Action–Attack that trashes other players' cards. When played, he does nothing else; however, when he is trashed, you gain a Gold!
 Official FAQ
Full FAQ on the Knights page. The points specific to Sir Vander are reproduced below:
- If Sir Vander is trashed, you gain a Gold; this happens whether it is trashed on your turn or someone else's. The player who had Sir Vander is the one who gains the Gold, regardless of who played the card that trashed it.
- The Gold from Sir Vander... comes from the Supply and is put into your discard pile.
 Other Rules clarifications
- The ability Knights have in common is that each other player reveals the top 2 cards of his deck, trashes one of them that he chooses that costs from to , and discards the rest; then, if a Knight was trashed, you trash the Knight you played that caused this trashing. Resolve this ability in turn order, starting with the player to your left.
- Cards with Potion in the cost (from Alchemy) do not cost from to .
- The player losing a card only gets a choice if both cards revealed cost from to ; if they both do and one is a Knight but the player picks the other card, that will not cause the played Knight to be trashed.
 Strategy Article
General Knights strategy is on the Knights page.
Sir Vander is great in games with lots of Knight attacks going around—he'll get trashed soon enough when he duels an opponents' Knight, and will Upgrade himself into a Gold! However, if he's the only Knight around, he's not so great... unless you plan to use a trash for benefit card on him.
 English versions
 Other language versions
 Card Art
 Secret History
Full secret history on the Knight page.