|When you are the first player to gain a Province, after that turn, each player bids once, up to, ending with you. High bidder gets +8 and takes the they bid.|
Mountain Pass is a Landmark from Empires. It prompts a bidding event when a Province is first gained, where players take turns stating an amount of they'd be willing to take on, once per player, starting with the player to the left of the one who gained the Province. The winner of the bid gets +8 , and takes on the they bid. It is the only Landmark to involve , and the only card in the game to involve bidding.
 Official FAQ
- This only happens the first time a player gains a Province; it does not matter if the Province was bought or not, or if Provinces have left the pile earlier due to Salt the Earth.
- This happens between turns; Possession (from Dominion: Alchemy) will not be in effect.
- The player to the left of the player who got the Province bids first, then the player to their left and so on, ending with the player who got the Province.
- Each bid can be a pass, or a higher bid than the previous bid.
- Bids are in amounts of , from to ; a bid of cannot be beaten.
- The player who bid the highest (if any) gets +8 and takes the amount of of their bid.
 Other Rules clarifications
- End-game conditions are checked at the end of each player's turn. So if a player gains the first Province on the same turn a game-ending condition occurs (e.g. 3 empty piles), the Mountain Pass bidding effect will not occur.
 In other languages
- Dutch: Bergpas
- Finnish: Vuoristoreitti
- German: Gebirgspass
- Polish: Przełęcz (lit. pass)
- Russian: Горный Перевал (pron. gorny pyeryeval)
 Secret History. Since the correct bid might be infinity, there's a limit, and hey why not the total number of tokens included. Gain felt better than buy; between turns dealt with