|Type(s)||Action - Duration - Command|
|Now and at the start of your next turn: Play a non-Duration, non-Command Action card from the Supply costing up to, leaving it there.|
 Official FAQ
 Other Rules clarifications
- You choose a non-Duration, non-Command Action card from the Supply that costs up to and play it, leaving it there, then choose again at the start of your next turn.
- On the second turn, you can choose to play a different card, or the same card if there is still a copy of it in the Supply.
- Captain can only play a visible card in the Supply, and the top card of a pile; it cannot play a card from an empty pile, or a card that has not been uncovered from a split pile, or a card from a split pile that has been bought out, or a non-Supply card (such as Mercenary).
- The Action card stays in the Supply; if an effect tries to move it (such as Island putting itself on your Island Mat) it will fail to move it.
- Captain can play a card that trashes itself when played; if the card checks to see if it was trashed (such as Mining Village), it was not, but if the card does not check (such as Acting Troupe), it will function normally.
- Cards that normally move other cards from the Supply can move themselves when played via Captain; for example playing Workshop can gain itself, and playing Lurker can trash itself.
- Since the played card is not in play, "while this is in play" abilities (such as Goons's) will not do anything.
- If there are no non-Duration, non-Command Action cards in the Supply that cost up to the turn you play Captain, Captain still stays in play and tries to play a card at the start of your next turn.
- Discard Captain from play during the latest turn that either card it played would have been discarded from play.
 English versions
|Now and at the start of your next turn: Play a non-Duration Action card from the Supply costing up to, leaving it there.||Captain||Summer 2019|
|Now and at the start of your next turn: Play a non-Duration, non-Command Action card from the Supply costing up to, leaving it there.||Dominion 2019 Errata and Rules Tweaks Errata||October 10, 2019|
 Other language versions
This card was designed together with Church on request by ASS to commemorate the victors of the "Jubiläumsmeisterschaft" (jubilee championship), organized 2018 in Germany and Austria to celebrate ten years of Dominion. The man shown in the art is RTT, winner of the German championship in 2018. His real name is Tobias, which is referenced in the German name of the card.
Before the 2019 errata, you could enter an infinite loop with Captain, Band of Misfits, Ferry, and cost reduction: With your – cost token on the Captain Supply pile, Band of Misfits can be played as Captain, and with cost reduction, Captain can play Band of Misfits. This let you play Captain as many times as you want, and play that many cards at the start of your next turn.
 Secret History