From DominionStrategy Wiki
When you discard this from play, take , and then you may pay off .
Capital is a Treasure card from Empires. It provides the largest static amount of of any card (and gives +Buy to make use of it)—but only temporarily, as the Capital gives you equal to its value when it is discarded.
 Official FAQ
- When you discard this from play (normally, in the Clean-up phase of the turn you played it), you get , and then get an extra opportunity to pay off with , right then.
- You do not get the Counterfeit (from Dominion: Dark Ages). if you did not discard it from play - for example, if you trash it due to
- You only get Crown to play Capital twice, you still only get when you discard it from play. per copy of Capital discarded; for example if you use
- Cards that allow you to play Capital but not discard it from play can give Capital a serious boost since you get the +Herbalist, Mandarin, Counterfeit, and Mint; similarly, with Crown, you will play Capital twice but only discard it once. without incurring the debt. These include
 Alternate versions
 In other languages
- Dutch: Kapitaal
- Finnish: Pääoma
- German: Vermögen (lit. wealth)
- Error in head line: instead of
- Polish: Kapitał
- Russian: Капитал (pron. kapital)
 Secret Historyand gave all cards "debt" for the turn, for . It was neat but scary. The final version costs more, doesn't use an action, and doesn't give any net - you are just borrowing.