When you buy this, you may overpay for it. For each you overpaid, look through your discard pile and put a card from it on top of your deck.
Herald is an Action card from Guilds. Like Golem, it allows you to play Action cards directly from your deck. It is an overpay card that can place cards from your discard pile to your deck. This is great to set up a megaturn.
 Official FAQ
- When you play this, first draw a card and get +1 Action, then reveal the top card of your deck. If it is an Action card, play it; this is not optional.
- Playing the Action card does not "use up" one of your Action plays for the turn.
- Cards with multiple types, one of which is Action (such as Great Hall from Dominion: Intrigue), are Action cards.
- If Herald plays a Duration card (from Dominion: Seaside), the Herald is still discarded normally at end of turn, as it is not needed to track anything.
- When you buy this, you put one card from your discard pile on top of your deck for each extra you pay over the cost. For example, if you buy Herald for , you will put two cards from your discard pile on top of your deck.
- This card lets you look through your discard pile; normally you cannot. You cannot look through your discard pile first to see how much you want to overpay, and once you overpay you must put the appropriate number of cards on top of your deck if possible.
- If you overpay enough to put more cards on your deck than there are cards in your discard pile, you just put all of your discard pile onto your deck.
- You may not look through your discard pile if you buy Herald without overpaying for it.
- When you put multiple cards on your deck due to overpaying for a Herald, put them on your deck in any order.
 Strategy Article
 Secret History