"Terminal silver" is an informal term for terminal Action cards that provide + and are stop cards —i.e., they have the same effect on your buying power as Silver does. Most terminal silvers have another benefit in addition to the and are priced to compete with Silver for your buy—so a key strategic point is deciding whether the additional benefit the Action card provides is sufficient to offset the probability of drawing it without enough actions to be able to play it. Many terminal silvers are Attacks, with the + allowing the cards to benefit your current turn as well as harm your opponents.
 List of terminal silvers
Cards in italics have been removed.
 3- and 4-cost terminal silvers
These cards compete the most directly with Silver.
- Dominion: Chancellor, Vassal, Woodcutter, Militia
- Intrigue: Swindler
- Seaside: Cutpurse, Navigator
- Prosperity: Clerk, Monument
- Cornucopia: Fortune Teller
- Hinterlands: Nomad Camp, Nomads
- Dark Ages: Scavenger
- Adventures: Messenger
- Amulet can give + , but over 2 turns, and is only effectively terminal the turn it is first played.
- Nocturne: Bard
- Renaissance: Cargo Ship, Flag Bearer, Improve, Priest
- Menagerie: Cardinal
- Allies: Archer, Tent, Town, Garrison
- Plunder: Flagship
- Fortune Hunter is a terminal silver per its card text, but it also lets you play a Treasure from your deck, so in many cases it will give you more than in total.
- Promo: Black Market
 Other costs
- Seaside: Embargo
- Hinterlands: Duchess
- Allies: Town Crier
- Seaside: Corsair, Merchant Ship
- Prosperity: Mountebank, Goons
- Cornucopia: Jester
- Hinterlands: Haggler
- Dark Ages: Dame Sylvia, Rogue
- Adventures: Hero
- Nocturne: Tormentor
- Menagerie: Kiln
- Allies: Barbarian
- Plunder: Search
 Edge cases
- Conclave, Patron, and Paddock can also be non-terminal
- Butcher and Villain provide two Coffers.
- Explorer, from Seaside gains a Silver or Gold to your hand.
- Spice Merchant and Sacrifice have to trash a Treasure which usually deducts from the generation.
- Farmers' Market, Gladiator, and Soldier generate variable amounts of which does sometimes but not always amount to .
 Removed cards