(→Other language versions)
(→top: added improve template)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|name = Vagrant
|name = Vagrant
Latest revision as of 17:55, 4 March 2021
|This page is awaiting large-scale edits by the community to meet quality and format standards. The information on this page may be outdated. Join the #wiki-meta channel on the Dominion Discord server to participate.|
Reveal the top card of your deck. If it's a Curse, Ruins, Shelter, or Victory card, put it into your hand.
Vagrant is an Action from Dark Ages. It's a cantrip (i.e., it gives +1 Card and +1 Action), and it lets you look at the top card of your deck and draws it if it's one of several types of usually dead cards, potentially streamlining your next hand a bit.
 Official FAQ
- You draw a card before revealing your top card.
- If the top card of your deck is a Curse, Ruins, Shelter, or Victory card, it goes into your hand; otherwise it goes back on top.
 Other Rules clarifications
 Strategy Article
There is no strategy article yet for Vagrant. Feel free to add your thoughts!
The card it's most similar to, of previously existing cards, is Pearl Diver. It's a cheap cantrip for , which might sometimes give an extra bonus. In the case of Vagrant, the bonus is that it might act like a cheap Laboratory, drawing you that second card - but only if that second card is likely to be dead, since Victory, Ruins, Curse, and Shelter cards are usually pretty bad. Vagrant is obviously going to be much better with Action–Victory cards, since it can draw you your Nobles, Islands, and Great Halls. It can also reveal the top card for you to draw it with Mystic, and can maybe help clear green off the top of the deck for Scrying Pool. It could also help keep an Apothecary engine humming.
- Cursers and Looters both give you the junk that you need Vagrant to clear out and will make you be stuck at so you have a good time to buy Vagrant
- +Buy, to pick up spare Vagrants during engine-building
- Action–Victory cards and Harem.
- Cards that want to get green off the top of your deck, so perhaps Apothecary and Scrying Pool
- When you want green in your hand, so perhaps Crossroads
- Cards that discard cards as part of their effect, like Oasis, Horse Traders, or Embassy. Mill deserves special mention as an Action–Victory card.
- Native Village likes having green left on top
- Rats turns junk that can be cleared with Vagrant into junk that can't be.
- Draw-to-X cards like Cursed Village or Library.
 English versions
|+1 Card. +1 Action. Reveal the top card of your deck. If it's a Curse, Ruins, Shelter, or Victory card, put it into your hand.||Dark Ages 1st Edition||August 2012|
|+1 Card. +1 Action. Reveal the top card of your deck. If it's a Curse, Ruins, Shelter, or Victory card, put it into your hand.||Dark Ages 2nd Edition||September 2017|
 Other language versions
 Secret Historyhave to really look like they're just a .