(→top: added improve template)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|name = Necropolis
|name = Necropolis
Latest revision as of 17:27, 4 March 2021
|This page is awaiting large-scale edits by the community to meet quality and format standards. The information on this page may be outdated. Join the #wiki-meta channel on the Dominion Discord server to participate.|
|Type(s)||Action - Shelter|
Necropolis is one of the three Shelter cards that players start with instead of Estates in their decks in Dark Ages games. It is the only Shelter that is an Action card. Since Necropolis provides +2 actions, its presence makes Dark Ages games slightly friendlier to engine building, and it broadens the strategic possibilities for opening with terminal Actions, since each player starts the game with one village already in their deck.
 Official FAQ
- This is an Action card; when you play it, you get +2 Actions.
 Other Rules clarifications
- When a Necropolis is revealed when playing Ambassador, it is not returned to the Supply (since it is not in the Supply) and opponents do not gain a copy of it.
 Strategy Article
General Shelters strategy is on the Shelters page.
- Library and Watchtower compensate for the fact that Necropolis does not draw cards.
- Necropolis provides an easy way to lower the cost of Peddler early.
- Necropolis makes a great early target for Advance, allowing you to gain a card costing up to on turn 1 or 2 (which could put you at a significant advantage on a 5/2 draw)
- Necropolis slightly mitigates the harmful effect of ruins.
- Necropolis could be a precious tool if you can set it aside the first time it appers in your hand, with Way of the Turtle.
- Necropolis may prevent your Golems from finding your better action cards.
 English versions
|+2 Actions.||Dark Ages 1st Edition||August 2012|
|+2 Actions.||Dark Ages 2nd Edition||September 2017|
 Other language versions
 Secret History